A4A Carriers Prepared for Peak Package Season!
December 15, 2023
The holiday rush is on! People across the country and around the world have made their lists and are checking them twice as the clock ticks down to Christmas Day.
A4A’s member airlines are working hard to get your gifts to you in time for the holidays. They are transporting more than 59,000 tons of goods daily. In addition to transporting gifts and Christmas cookies this time of year, our carriers are also transporting high-value electronics, fresh food and flowers, live animals and medical supplies around the world on a daily basis.
What you may not know is that our traditional cargo carriers – Atlas, FedEx and UPS – are not the only ones delivering cheer throughout the holiday season. A4A passenger carriers – Alaska, American, Delta, Hawaiian, JetBlue, Southwest and United – also help deliver packages and goods all over the world.
The U.S. airline industry’s more than 800,000 dedicated employees are working around the clock to ensure you have a safe and efficient travel journey and the swift delivery of your gifts in plenty of time to be placed under the tree. In addition to providing advanced tracking technologies, both FedEx and UPS hired seasonal workers across the country to help better serve customers during the holiday rush. Atlas is working with countless businesses to transport a range of products to to customers as well.
During the holiday season and with an uptick of deliveries, remember these tips:
- Order with ample time to ensure delivery on time;
- Check shipping policies and delivery times;
- Utilize tracking services;
- And be mindful of shipping restrictions.
To make sure your gift arrives in time, be sure to ship your packages by the following dates:
- Friday, December 15 is the last day to ship FedEx Ground 5-day shipping for delivery before December 25.
- Wednesday, December 20 is the last day to ship FedEx 2Day for delivery before December 25.
- Thursday, December 21 is the last day to ship FedEx Overnight for delivery before December 25.
- Tuesday, December 19 is the last day to ship UPS 3 Day Select for packages to be delivered before Christmas day.
- Wednesday, December 20 is the last day to ship UPS 2nd Day Air packages for delivery before Christmas Eve.
- Thursday, December 21 is the last day to ship UPS Next Day Air packages for delivery before Christmas Eve.