A4A advocates on behalf of its member airlines concerning policies and measures that promote safety, security and a healthy U.S. airline industry. We work collaboratively with airlines, labor, Congress and the Administration, foreign governmental authorities, and other groups to improve air travel. These collaborative undertakings may involve advocacy before Congress and other legislatures or regulatory agencies, both in the United States and other countries.
Definition Of Personal Information
Transfer Of Information To The United States and Other Countries
Collection Of Personal And Other Information
We collect Personal Information and other information to facilitate A4A’s development and performance of the programs and provision of the services described on page 1.
We may collect, process and use Personal Information and other information regarding:
- Individual contact information, which may include your name and such work-related information as address, email address and telephone number
- Employer or other business affiliation information (but only for the conduct of the programs and provision of services described on page 1)
- A4A membership
- Participation in A4A programs, such as the development, revision and publication of standards and recommended practices
- Furnishing A4A services
- Publication purchase, free publication distribution or subscription information
- Payment information concerning A4A publications or services (which may include credit or debit card information or other forms of payment information)
- Fraud prevention or response
We may also collect, process and use Personal Information and other information from other A4A sites that you visit, other A4A programs in which you participate, or collaborative, third-party aviation-related programs in which you and A4A participate.
In addition, we collect non-Personal Information that your browser sends to us and we may you use that information to produce aggregate information about our sites. We may use that aggregate information for our business purposes, which may include customer service, enhancing our sites, market research and fraud prevention or response. The aggregate information may include:
- IP address
- Type of browser
- Type of device
- Operating system
- Local time of your visit
- Other site-visit information
We do not collect, process or use sensitive Personal Information (such as Social Security number, passport information, national identification number, data related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion, or health).
We and our vendors may collect data from cookies, which are small files stored directly on your computer or mobile device. Cookies allow the collection of data such as browser type, time spent on an A4A site, pages on our site visited, and other traffic data. These data may be used for security purposes, to facilitate navigation on an A4A site, to enable us to improve the content and display of information on an A4A site, and to collect statistical data about the use of an A4A site.
Purposes for the Use Of Your Personal Information
We will collect, use and process your Personal Information to:
- Carry-out our responsibilities concerning membership in A4A or participation in A4A programs
- Process your request for participation in A4A programs
- Provide contracted-for or requested A4A services, including publications that you seek to purchase or obtain without charge
- Inform you, based on your relationship with A4A, of A4A publications, revised or new standards and recommended practices, projects, conferences, or events
- Respond to your inquiries
- Notify you of changes in A4A membership or activities
- Improve the delivery of A4A programs or services with which you are associated
- Administer our sites, which may include
- troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research statistical and survey purposes
- improving our sites and the presentation of content on them
- improving the security of our sites
- measuring and assessing the effectiveness of information that we provide to you
- informing you of services or products that we believe, based on your relationship to us, may be of interest to you, or
- Permit selected third parties to provide you with information about events, products or services that we believe may interest you based on your relationship with A4A
Sharing Your Personal Information
- A4A employees who work on A4A and related aviation programs
- Participants in A4A-sponsored programs or associated aviation-industry collaborative activities that are related to your employer’s A4A membership, your participation in A4A programs, or your participation in those collaborative activities, or
- Vendors that evaluate, administer, improve or provide services to A4A
We do not sell access to your Personal Information.
Duration Of Retention Of Personal Information
Your Personal Information will be retained as appropriate to support or document your membership or participation in A4A activities, use of A4A services, or purchase or obtaining of A4A publications. For example, but without limiting the generality of the foregoing description, we may retain your Personal Information:
- To have an historical record of your attendance, proposals and voting at meetings that we sponsor that develop or revise our standards or recommended practices, or
- Because our agreements or standards may contain mutual legal obligations that require us to maintain information about persons who have agreed to those obligations
Location Of Storage Of Your Information
Information that you provide us is stored on our secure servers or the secure servers of vendors that we have hired for that purpose. These may be located in the United States or other countries.
We do not knowingly collect, process or use Personal Information from persons less than 18 years old. If we determine that such information has been collected, we will delete it. If you are under 18 years old and have provided us Personal Information, please contact us so that we can remove that information.
Access to Your Personal Information
We will confirm whether or not your Personal Information is in our records and, where that is the case, we can provide you access to that Personal Information. Please contact us if you want to obtain that confirmation and access to your Personal Information.
If you do not want to continue participating in A4A programs or receiving A4A communications, please inform us. You should understand, however, that “opting out” may affect the nature and extent of your participation in A4A activities and our ability to provide services or publications to you.
Correction or Removal of Your Information
Please contact us if you want information about you, including Personal Information, corrected or removed from our records. You should understand, however, that changing or removing your information may affect the nature and extent of your participation in A4A activities and our ability to provide services or publications to you.
Additional Rights under the European Union Data Protection Regulation
If you are subject to the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation ((EU) 2016/679), in certain circumstances, you have the right to:
- Request access to your Personal Information
- Request correction of your Personal Information
- Request erasure of your Personal Information
- Object to the processing of your Personal Information
- Request restriction of the processing of your Personal Information
- Request transfer of your Personal Information (“data portability”)
- Complain about compliance with the European Union General Data Protection Regulation
You may obtain additional information about the foregoing European Union Data Protection Regulation rights at https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection_en. Please contact us if you are entitled to and want to exercise any of the foregoing rights under the European Union General Data Protection Regulation.
Third-Party Links and Third-Party Service Providers
Third-Party Service Providers
We may use third-party vendors to provide services related to A4A publications or activities. These third-party vendors may collect or receive information, including Personal Information, about your use of our site, our services or the vendor site that is providing services. This information may be collected and used to provide services related to A4A publications or activities, or for administrative and performance analysis purposes, such as information technology management, accounting, billing, credit or debit card or other form of payment processing, publication distribution or the performance of our activities.
A4A uses commercially reasonable means to protect our sites and the confidentiality of your Personal Information.
Who The Data Controller Is
For the purposes of the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation ((EU) 2016/679), the data controller is the Air Transport Association of America, Inc., d/b/a Airlines for America, which is incorporated in the District of Columbia, USA, and which has its principal place of business at 1275 Pennsylvania Ave., NW, Washington, DC 20004-2450 USA.