They say that you learn something new every day. At Airlines for America, we try to do our part in upholding that old adage. Recently we have been posting quick aviation facts every Saturday for all of our avid AvGeek followers. Before we begin the New Year, we wanted to give you a recap of the flight facts we’ve shared thus far.
- There are some big planes in the air, but did you know how much pavement it takes to allow them to land safely?
- Little things can make a huge difference in an air traffic control tower:
- We all know planes can hold a lot of fuel, but this comparison puts it in perspective:
- Have you ever noticed the names on runways? Did you know this was the meaning behind them?
- We know you love to look out the window from 35,000 feet, but have you ever thought about how much that window costs?
We hoped you learned FIVE new things today! Make sure to check out the Airlines for America Facebook page every Saturday for new flight facts!