Over Labor Day weekend, U.S. airlines expect to carry 14.2 million passengers, 3 percent more than the same time last year. As the days become shorter and nights become longer, we all grasp at our straw hats for one last adventure.
Check out our Labor Day Forecast infographic.
This summer as you’ve traveled to weddings, family reunions, beach trips and more, airlines have been with you every step of the way, connecting you to those places, people and memories that matter most.
For those of you in need of ideas to mark the end of the season, here are five ways you can celebrate at almost any destination:
- Go to the movies: Holiday weekends are typically a great time for newly released movies. This weekend offers a little something for everyone.
- Action, suspense: “The Transporter Refueled”
- Adventure, comedy: “A Walk in the Woods”
- Romance: “Before We Go”
- Take a hike: Get outdoors and explore our public lands! With more than 400 national park sites, there is bound to be one near you. Find your park!
- Ride a bike: Many cities across the U.S. offer bike share rental options. Take time over the weekend to explore a new city on two wheels.
- Host an outdoor picnic or BBQ: Close out the dog days of summer with food and friends at a nearby park.
- Jump in a local pool, beach or lake: The quintessential summer activity has to be swimming. Whether you’re visiting somewhere by the water or taking to a local pool, make the most of it with one final cannonball!